Pirate Adventure’s Frequently Asked Questions
Things Ye Need to Know
You’ve booked a pirate cruise, now here are the things you need to know! Pirates of Hilton Head Island help answer all your frequently asked questions.
- +What should the kids wear and what do we need to bring?
- Dress appropriate for the weather. We don’t get the children wet so bathing suits aren’t needed. Sunblock and a camera are a must! We have ice cold water for only $2 at the dock.
- +Can we take pictures and video?
- Absolutely! We encourage it and even give you a couple of great photo-ops during the trip. If possible we would love it if you post to our Facebook page or Tripadvisor. We may even have a nifty photo folder for sale at the booth.
- +What should the kids wear and what do we need to bring?
Dress appropriately for the weather. We don’t get the children wet so bathing suits aren’t needed. Sunblock and a camera are a must! We have ice cold water for only $2 at the dock.
- +Is there a bathroom on the boat?
There is no bathroom on board. There is a public restroom around the check-in area. We recommend using the bathroom before you board.
- +Should I bring a life jacket?
We are a Coast Guard certified vessel therefore, passengers are not required to wear life jackets while aboard. We do have enough life jackets for all passengers in case of an emergency situation. If you wish to wear one, you are more than welcome or you may bring your own.
- +Is it rough, or more importantly, will we get seasick?
- Our adventure takes place in the calm waters of the Calibogue Sound. We always look for the calmest water so seasickness is extraordinarily rare! Our goal is comfort and safety. If the water is too rough, we will not sail.
- +Do you sell Gift Cards?
- Absolutely! You can purchase them here.
- +Are reservations required?
- Our trips almost all sell out. Due to the limited number of spaces per trip, we suggest you purchase your ticket online ahead of time.
- +When should I arrive?
We would like you to arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. This leaves us time for check-in, dress-up, face painting, pirate names, and more!
- +Do I need a reservation?
We highly recommend making your reservation in advance. Tickets do tend to sell out. Due to Coast Guard regulation, we have a set number of spaces on each trip. We don’t want you to miss out!
Sign up for our newsletter:
- +Where should I park?
There are several parking lots located in Harbour Town. These lots do tend to fill up quickly so we recommend arriving early to ensure you have enough time to park!
- +What is the cancellation policy?
All cancellations made outside of the 24 hours prior to the trip will receive a refund. Tickets cannot be refunded within 24 hours of the time or in the case of a no-show.
You have until 24 hours prior to your pirate adventure to make any changes to your reservation. No cancellations are allowed within 24 hours of your departure time as space is limited and those spaces have been reserved for you. Your credit card will be charged the full amount for unsold seats. Just give us a call at 843.363.7000 should you need to cancel.
- +Where do we meet?
We have a booth located near the base of the lighthouse. We ask all of our guests to meet us there. We will all walk down to the boat together!
- +What is Sea Pines?
Sea Pines Resort, a beautiful 5,000 acre, ocean-front retreat is Hilton Heads finest. Restaurants, shopping, water-sports, golf, world-class accommodations and more can all be found within the gates of Sea Pines. There is an $9 per car charge to enter Sea Pines.
- +Can I bring a stroller on-board?
There is not enough space on the boat to accommodate a stroller. We ask that strollers be collapsed if they come aboard. Also, you are more than welcome to store your stroller at the dock with a member of our crew.
- +What if it rains? Or there is bad weather?
We will sail in a light drizzle but anything more and we’ll cancel the trip. Regardless of the weather where you are, don’t assume the trip is canceled, often-times we can use the radar to avoid the rain and will still sail. The captain reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason. If we cancel a trip you will be issued a refund. We will always make every attempt to contact you ahead of time in the event of a cancellation. If your trip is canceled we will contact you to reschedule or offer a refund.
- +Do parents have to come?
We require a minimum of one adult for each party. However, we recommend as many as you want to come and enjoy the experience with the children!
- +Will I get wet?
There is the possibility of a slight mist from the water cannons due to wind however most passengers typically stay dry.
Ticket prices for the pirate cruise are $39 for adults (ages 13+), $39 for kids (ages 1-12), and $10 for infants (11 months or younger). Please include all persons planning on coming aboard when making your reservation, this is a Coast Guard regulation and no exceptions will be made. For the most fun, we suggest you arrive at least 15 minutes early to get your little pirates tattooed, a pirate name and get dressed up. There’s plenty to do at Harbour Town and parking can be difficult, so once again we suggest you arrive early.
Due to the limited number of spaces per trip we suggest you purchase your ticket online, we accept Visa and MasterCard. Parties of 10 or less may cancel your reservation up to 24 hours in advance of your sailing time. We do not offer refunds for cancelations with less than 24 hours notice, NO EXCEPTIONS! Parties of more than 10, must provide 48 hours notice. We do not offer refunds within 24 hours, regardless of the circumstances. Holding a reservation is done at your own risk. Our trips almost all sell out.
Pirates of Hilton Head reserves the right to cancel any trip in the event of steady rain, thunderstorms, high winds or any condition that the Captain deems unsafe. We will attempt to notify you at least one hour prior to check-in when possible. Cancellations are at the sole discretion of Pirates of Hilton Head. If we cancel your trip for any reason, you will not be charged or we will issue you a refund.